Thursday, March 20, 2008

The heat is on

So I must say that my dear friend Dana has advertised my bolg. Do I feel a little flame under my feet :). Thanks Dana!!!
Well things are just a little exhausting right now. I am counting down to spring break. Not that my children are affected, but my Husband (he is a Jr. High teacher) will be home!! Yay is all I have to say. I have so many plans. I am sure he will appriciate my honey do list. Oh well the price he has to pay for being a husband.

I am still dealing with the aftermath of my stolen purse. I had a little lead. There was a charge made from my debit card for $6.42. Wow they really needed my credit huh. So i called the police and gave them my case # and the officer did not really feel impressed that this was a lead at all. WHAT, I felt like a little investigator and he just untied the knot in my balloon and let go.
A little advice, if ever your identiy or valuables are stolen know your not all that important. Sad isn't it.

So I have heard of this service called life lock. You apparently give them all your information for a monthly fee and they will track it. They will call you immediately if your S.S# or information is being used. So I try and sign up and well you need all the S.S. #'S and a credit card to bill. Guess what I know my S.S.# but I do not know my children's and all of our credit cards were canceled due to the theft. Life is so much fun (My mother is helping me with the fee with her C.C. # and my mother-in-law has access to my 2 girls S.S. #).

A little story to leave you with (a bit of hesitation on my end). So Madeleine came up to me the other day and told me she had a small bum. I intantly wanted to run away and hide because I knew what was about to come. Yes, Mommy has a big bum. I started to argue with her no I don't. She said yes you do. I realized now that I was a little insecure and did not realize she was actually stating facts using her brillant mind. Yes really my bum is big and her bum is small. Ignorance is truely bliss. But hard to come by with a 2 year old.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Welcome to the world of blog. I am so sorry about your purse how horrible. Oh and if Madeline gets the croup again taking them outside into the cool air totally helps. I spent many nights sitting outside with Ava. Scarry huh?

Dana said...

Oh Amy I love that you blog...I had to advertise you it is just too good to not let others read:)

And the comment from Madeleine---I can only imagine what those are like, especially on insecure days. She thought she was being so smart:)

I love the line about not the policeman untying your balloon--classic:)
love you

Unknown said...

Hi Amy,
I love your blog! I so relate to the nights of not enough sleep and sick kids. I've had many of those as well...it's hard to be compassionate and patient after a night of broken sleep on the floor. I miss you my friend. Let's catch up soon.
Love, Kerri