Monday, March 17, 2008

Looking glass

Well here is the first view into our family's life. So last week I had a very sick 2 year old. We started off with a little spillage, more like an erruption Sunday night. Monday it was a bit of a fever followed with a small cough. Monday night or Tuesday morning depends on when you go to bed. Jeremy and I woke to one screeming girl and a seal. Madeleine woke Claira up and yup croop. I sat outside in the dark to calm Madeleine down and help her breath. She was freaking out and made breathing very hard for her. Once she calmed down she fell asleep. I read up online what to do and they advised you keep your child near you while they sleep. So I was on the floor with her all night long with speratic moans of discomfort as well as seal barks followed with labored breathing. Not a very good nights sleep. Tuesday woke to a very energetic girl after she woke around 930am. Nice for her. Wednesday woke to fever and an unhappy girl. Again a not so good night sleep. She would cry everytime she would feel her nose run, and would make me wipe it every few min. She would refuse to hold her cup while drinking, refused to do anything at all. I had to do everything for her. At first I was the compassionate mother who would do anything for her. After 2 days I was done. I could not handle the freak outs everytime she sneezed (sneezing + colds = yuck). And I just did not want to hold her cup while she drank everytime. I was done. I did take her to the Dr. in the midst of all this. They just told me there was nothing more I could do than what I was already doing. FUN FUN!!!

So Saturday Jeremy is home, I get to go to work YEAH!!!!! This is MY time, I get to be away and work, where I leave everything. It is wierd but for those of you who are mom's and have kids its true. So good day at work, busy (I work at Pier 1 imports). People buying up some fun stuff. I take a few breaks here and there and before I know it my shift ends.

Here is comes the icing on the cake. The big end to my long week......My purse has been stolen from work. Yup...I think no maybe I put it somewhere. We looked through the whole store, trash cans, even the fridge in the break room (absent minded mom's may put stuff in there). NO PURSE. I cancel my bank account, call my husband to pick me up since I have no keys, call the police, the list goes on. Jeremy came gave me his keys, and went to the bank to open a new account. We start canceling our credit cards. The police man asks me questions like "Did you have your social security card in your wallet?" UHMMM I say YES, not only mine but my 2 girls too. UHHHHGG. Why Why WHY?

So I found out someone is stealing purses and wallets from employee areas all over Redding. They are doing an investigation and all I want back are my ID cards and my Bible. Yes hopefully they can read the though shall nots. Oh well. I am going to look at this week as new and full of posibilities.

By the way Madeleine is feeling better, Although I need to go wipe her nose as she is still falling apart. Literally she is yelling at me at this moment. FUN. I hope you enjoy the view through the looking glass into our life this last week.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh my gosh Aims you are such a good writer! And I love you page and the description of it. It hooked me in right away!!!

I can't believe the week you had...unreal. I am so sorry that all happened. And my favorite part is you saying "I am done" I could just hear it. You are an amazing compassionate mom though don't forget that:)