Monday, June 2, 2008

Prayer from a mighty heart...

So we have always put our girls to bed with a kiss and a prayer. We also have taught our girls to pray for sickness or anything that hurts. Madeleine is at an age where she will volunteer to pray when we are sick or do not feel good. Jeremy has introduced a new ritual for prayer. He has Madeleine choose a friend to pray for (in hopes later to have her pray for others who may need prayer or when there is a rift in relationships). He than asks her to pray for one of her family members. Last night she chose me. This was her prayer....

"God, Jesus pray for healing and for mom to go to church with me. Pray for love and for mom to go to gymnastics with me. I love her you love her too. Amen."

This is the best thing ever. God has given us a little prayer warrior. By the way I am sick and have been for a few days and missed church. This really made an impact on her for her prayer.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh I love that little prayer. Those are the sweetest moments and it makes all of the crazy ones worth while. You and Jeremy are amazing parents and your girls are blessed to have you both.

Dana said...

I love her heart for prayer!!! You are such a great parent AIMS!!!! And again I will say it, I hope I am as good and loving of a parent as you!