Sunday, April 13, 2008

On a heavier note...

So I really have been thinking about why I think of random people all the time. People that I have not seen in years, really weird. I have also wondered why I constantly talk to my husband of people around me and all that they have been dealing with. I have been feeling the weight of their world on my shoulders. You see I am the type of person who will feel, hear, see issues and take them on. In other words I am an intercessor. I have not been as active in my role since I have had children. I really have been tuning all that stuff out.

So just as a wall appeared in front of me as I feel the pain sting my face, I realize, "oh my goodness". Yes, this is the Lord giving me little signs to pray for these people. About 5 years ago this would have been a no brainer for me. I am not sure if you wonder the same things from time to time, "Why did so and so come to mind, I forgot that I even knew them." You know those thoughts. Well I believe it is a true sign of God telling you they need a prayer. Maybe you don't think that is God. Let me ask you this: What would it hurt to pray for them while they are on your mind? Not a thing is what I say.

So, Today (Sunday) at church, Our Pastor spoke on prayer. Another ding ding ding for me. Yup, God again telling me I need to get back to my calling. Yes, my calling. You see this is why I feel every ones weight. I feel I need to do something to make things right. And most issues are far beyond my control, of course with the exception of prayer. I can do something for someone in a circumstance that is huge.

Just want to let you know so can you! Something to think about. Thanks for letting me blog on something near and dear to my heart.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Good to see you at the store the other day. I love to see what the Lord is stirring in you.

Dana said...

Oh wow aims this is so cool to hear you talk about. Your gift in this is awesome and i love that you share it with me...not just in your blog but I know you pray for me so regularly. I love and miss you so much!