Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Update







So, Friday morning I went to yoga with my friend Sea Jay. I ran some errands afterwards, picked up a friends little girl I watch. We went home and I made everyone lunch and started Madeleines Cake. I cleaned my whole house from top to bottom since we had unexpected guests (3 girls visiting our renters). The girls went down for a nap and I started to get ready for work. Made my husband dinner. I than dropped the little girl off at home and brought my girls to their Grandmas for the night. I went to work (It was Kool April Night's) and the traffic was horrible. I came home and decorated Madeleines cake. Jeremy told me he had to drive to Yreka, Weed, and Mt. Shasta the next morning for work. I was going to have to plan this whole day by myself.


Saturday, Jeremy left early for work. I got the girls up and ready for the day. Luckly one of our renters volunteered to watch the girls so I could run errands without the girls. I went to get Madeleiens gift (it was my first free moment without her), went to the grocery store, had to buy baloons, and looked everywhere for the Strawberry vendors (none to be found). I came home and Jeremy was home YAY. I was packing everything up for the park and party. Jeremy gets another call to work. BOOOO. I gathered up everything and loaded up everyone and everything into the car. I tried to call everyone I could to get some help at the park. No such luck. I pull up to the park and everyone and thier mom was there celebrating. I had to find a spot for our party. Thank goodness my friend Joanna was there already, she thought I might need some help (God is so good to me). We found 2 tables and I started to decorate while she watched the girls play. Oh did I mention the wind was crazy and it was so cold. The weather 1 day prior was in the mid 80's. Today was mid 50's. Well we ended with a small success and had a party of what could be considering the elements. Jeremy did arrive 45mins late. And we could not find Claira for a second. The smile on Madeleines face was worth all the work. We came home and crashed. Madeleine played with all of her new toys the rest of the night. I did manage to make a full dinner since we are never all together home for dinner. Oh and I started baking the cake for the baby shower for the next day.


Sunday, We slept in for 15 min. Got ready for church. We made church on time which is so unusual. 10 Min before the sermon was over the fire alarm went off. No one moved except for some staff members trying to figure out what happened. It came from the Nursury. Jeremy and I looked at each other and knew it was our little 3 year old. We went to pick up our little girls, mind you the alarm was still going had been for 15 min. at this time, and guess what. Out little girl did pull the fire alarm. We finally came home and I started to put the cake together for the shower. Jeremy had another call to work, our car was dead since Jeremy left the lights on overnight, and I made it to the shower and finally our weekend was over.


We know the dates on the pictures are wrong (just something else =)).



3 comments:

Erica said...

Isn't life crazy with kids. Sometimes I wonder how I make it. The cake looks amazing, great job. Years from now you will not remember all the running around just that beautiful smile. Your a great mom Amy!

Shannon said...

Wow Amy, WOW....THE cake is unbelievable!!! I need to take you to get a mani/pedi :-) I had the best weekend with Courtney McFarland. We talked all about Hong Kong. 10 years ago this June we were there :-(

Dana said...

Oh my gosh is all I can say to that! I wish I was there to help you...

seriously though that cake is amazing and Madeleine looks like she had so much fun!!!

You weekend was insane! It shoudl go down in a mommy record book somewhere..love you! thanks for the text today I had a horrible day and needed a good friend---so instead I just a huge bowl of ice cream...it helps sometimes :)