Thursday, April 17, 2008

Whirlwind....

So I am about to begin a full weekend. I may not get a blog in but who knows I may have a free moment. I have Madeleine's 3rd birthday on Saturday. She is going to have a princess party (mainly she will dress up like a princess and have a few accents). I have decided to continue with a tradition from my family. I will make her cake and it will be a barbie doll cake. The barbie and the dress is the cake. My mom always made that cake for me when I was little. I loved all the cakes my mom made me. She of course was a certified cake decorator. I do have big shoes to fill. I will let you know how it goes.

Sunday, I have a baby shower that I am co-hosting. It is for a co-worker and I thought it would be a little gathering. So I decided I would make that cake. UHMMMMM..... it is going to be about 30 people. I am freaking out a little because this will be THE cake that is in the baby books. Not if that is not bad enough the request for the cake is a motorcycle race track with a motorcycle on it. WHAT THE HECK!!! I have made plain cakes this is really out of my element. Oh well, Of course you will get the update on that cake too.

Just a little side note, If there are some of you out there that know us, could you pray for Jeremy. He is really experiencing something very hard. I am having a hard time watching him take this situation and having it really effect him. It is a pretty big thing for us right now but God of course can do anything with the twitch of his finger. I just need wisdom for my role for my husband right now. And also need to let go of some anger and frustration from this thing. Thanks!!! Let you know how the cake decorating goes = -)

2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh My gosh PLEASE take pictures of the cakes!! How did I miss Madeleines bday again this year!! I suck as an Auntie!!! I will text you on her bday and hopefully will get to talk to her. I always think around this time...i know it is Madeleine's bday but when is it again....oh man...one day I will get it:0

love you friend!

Shannon said...

Yes Yes, please post pictures!!!